Tuesday, January 24, 2012

164th ARTICLE: I got my bag of angels back today

Kamloops Daily News
November 24, 2008

I got my bag of angels back today

by Glendene Grant, Letter to Editor

NOTE: this part was in the email I sent, but the paper did not print it. I wanted you to read it all…

First off, I have to tell you - when I got up today I opened my laptop and clicked on Internet Explorer and like I do every morning I checked my Facebook, MySpace, NowPublic, my blog and some of the forums I belong to (I belong to a lot and cannot check them all in the mornings). While I had Facebook open Jessie's stepmom Tracy messaged me and told me she felt so bad about my angels and that she was sure I would find them.

As we were talking the song THANK YOU MAMA by SIZZLA (the song that Jessie dedicated to me before she went missing and now reminds me of Jessie like no other song in the world) came on my mp3 player. I told her how weird that this song came on while her mom and stepmom were chatting.

Then on my way to work this morning...Jim drove me...I told him it was the first time in 2-1/2 years that I left home without my angels. He did not know what to say, so he just held my hand. When we got to my work he kissed me and told me to try to have a good day.

At work the first call I took was from a woman who's first name was JESSICA and who's last name was FAWLDS (Tracy's last name is Foulds) and she mentioned to me that she was on maternity leave and about to have a baby (my daughter Katie just went on mat leave a couple of weeks ago).

NOW, is it just me or was that some kind of start to my day. I guess it was inevitable that I was to find my angels today?

NOTE: Actual article is from here…

I was walking home from work again today, down the same road, following the same steps and hoping and praying the entire time to find them and not even 10 minutes into my walk I spied something small and white on the ground. I thought it looked like the JESSICA licence plate key chain thing that I had from Jessie on my bag of angels and as I got a bit closer I knew it!! I picked it up (and yes, I kissed it, even though it had been on the ground for about 24 hours, I did not care) and continued to look and see if I could find the bag of angels. But it was not there.

I looked up and I was right in front of ClearView Glass & Upholstery Ltd at 2059 E. Trans-Canada Highway (well, I was on Frontage Road, but the address was the highway).

I had to go around the building to get into their door (it is also a car wash and the office was setup in the back). I went in and I was just about to ask if anyone turned in a bag of angels and THERE ON THE COUNTER WAS MY BAG OF ANGELS.

I literally yelled out "MY BAG OF ANGELS". I was shaking, my heart was pounding, and I was happy; I was on the verge of either a heart attack or tears!!! The first thing I did was took out the lip-gloss and kissed Jessie.

I told them how that was my bag of angels that I have carried with me ever since Jessie went missing - adding more and more to it as people gave me my angels. I have never loved a 'thing' more than I love my bag of angels.

Now the funny thing about this is: they thought I was there to get my bag of angels in response to the message they left at my home that morning – no! I was looking for it on my way home.

What happened was – yesterday someone found my bag of angels outside that business and took it inside. It was on the counter and when a woman got to work this morning she saw the bag of angels and the miniature baseball glove that I had hooked to it. She had just heard my message on the radio on her way to work – heard me describe the bag and the glove and WOW, there it was.

She called the radio station, got my number and called. Jennee’s boyfriend Catlin answered the phone and was so excited that Jennee was bugging him, “what, what?” He hung up and told her someone found my angels – they were so happy.

So, either way, finding a clue on my way home that lead me to my angels or getting home to a message that they were found – I GOT MY BAG OF ANGELS BACK TODAY.

I have to thank everyone for your kind and sincere messages that poured in to me since yesterday. You have brought me to new heights in my love for everyone. The support and love that you give us all is overwhelming to me and so much appreciated. I am so grateful to all that has happened to us SINCE Jessie went missing. We have learned to love and laugh again and that our search will never be in vain…no matter the ending to this journey, we have grown strong over time.

Thank you to Radio NL for replaying my plea for anyone finding my bag of angels this morning setting this all in motion. Thank you for ClearView for calling the radio station for my phone number. Thank you to the gentleman who found my angels and took them inside the building where he found them. Thank you God.

PS: Some of the things that were told to me are things that I will always remember “maybe someone needed your angels more than you” “maybe they need to lead Jessie home” “always remember God’s Angels surround you everyday” and on top of that there were a few hundred people (if not more) praying for me to get my angels back. So again, everyone THANK YOU.

Glendene - http://www.jessiefoster.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment